Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Of Picnics & Expotitions

"Oh! Piglet," said Pooh excitedly, "we're going on a Expotition, all of us, with things to eat. To discover something." -- Winnie the Pooh

My son adores Winnie-The-Pooh. In fact, his constant companion is this soft, well-loved Pooh that's got his stuffing totally redistributed and flattened. We've tried to tempt him with newer, shinier versions. His answer is to clutch that old Pooh tighter. As it should be.

The first time my son called me "Mom" was when I baked him a Pooh cake for his second birthday. Actually, what he called me was: "Mommy Cake Maker." Made me feel like the best mom on earth that day. :)

We, as a family, are partial to picnics and explorations Pooh-Style. As long as the weather is favorable, we're ready for an impromptu picnic. The only must-have at a picnic: Fun.

So this Mother's Day, why not go on a family picnic? My column in this week's Standard-Times shares 10 Tips for a Successful Picnic.

An early Happy Mother's Day to all the moms who happen to read this!

3 comments:

  1. Great recipes, Rashda. I especially like the idea of tuna without the mayo. We don't really have a picnic kind of spring here. The ground is still too soggy from the snow, but there may be a few days at the beginning of June that will be picnic-worthy. Still, I'm going to try that tuna and pita idea for supper one night.

    Lucie j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoy the tuna pita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story! Love the sobriquet. ;D

    ReplyDelete